Steampunk Wall Clock by Jason Duigou

Jason's Inspiration
My wife Nanci and I were excited to take Jamie Dougherty's "Into the Forest" clock class during the Prima Art Venture - Gather Charity Wings! Since Nanci and I both signed up for the class, I decided to do a steampunk themed clock for my project which now hangs in my office.

Description:

We used round wooden board for the clock base. I used Timeworks Decoupage tissue paper by Prima for the foundation of the design. I added a wide variety of gears, numbers and ephemera. I installed a simple clock kit but then went on to add a tactile grouping of gears along the bottom to give the piece a unique look while adding depth and drama.

Products:

  • Timeworks Decoupage tissue paper by Redesign with Prima
  • Finnabair book of Numbers Stencil
  • Finnabair Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel - Transparent
  • Finnabair Mechanica Moulds
  • Finnabair Large Gears Moulds 
  • Finnabair Art Basics Heavy Body Gel
  • Prima Finnabair Mechanical Gears Hardware
  • Tim Holtz Gadget Gears Embellishments
  • Finnabair Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics
  • Finnabair Art Alchemy Waxes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celestial Voyage: Rocketing Through the Cosmos

Magical Mystical Mermaid

Steampunk Gears Christmas Tree