Seaside Paradise Upcycled Chair (GIVE-A-WAY)

Jason's Inspiration: I found this sad broken chair at a garage sale. Someone had attempted to spray paint it as one point,  but the paint was very uneven. I immediately had a vision of doing a seaside inspired mixed-media and decoupage chair - illuminated of course! :-)

DescriptionThis 24” high x 17” wide x 14” deep upcycled chair was a broken garage sale find. I stripped off the old paint, rebuilt it, added a lower shelf, and refinished if with various hues of blue acrylic paint. I used Graphic 45 Ocean Blue papers, netting, twine, shells, and sea stars. A mini lighthouse is surrounded by a sea of shells on the lower shelf illuminated by a set of mini lights (3 AA batteries included).


The chair was gifted as part of a Duigou Design social media campaign GIVE-A-WAY! I do enjoy sharing the love of my work with others to enjoy.

Products:

  • Broken Wooden Child's Chair
  • Acrylic Paints (various shades of blues)
  • Graphic 45 Ocean Blue papers
  • Fish netting
  • Twine
  • Seashells
  • Sea stars
  • Mini lighthouse figurine
  • Mini-lights

 Video and Photos:


The chair was in pieces so I quickly set to fixing it 
with wood glue and wood screws to reinforce it.

Someone had attempted to spray paint the chair. 
I sanded and striped the finish off the chair.


I cut a piece of plywood to build a shelf to display
 the illuminated lighthouse and shells.


I covered the lighthouse with paper and paint 
to match the color scheme of the finished chair.

I covered the shelf with the Graphic 45 paper
and attached shells around the top.

Started decoupaging and shell decorations. 

Integrated lights as I included more elements.

Finished!!!



The lights gave the piece additional intrigue as it draws 
your attention down to explore more of the fun details!













WINNER!!!
The Seaside Paradis Upcycled Chair was
given away as part of a Duigou Designs social media campaign 
to Pamela in Texas who is a big fan and was so VERY EXCITED to win!

FOLLOW and LIKE us!
FacebookYouTube








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celestial Voyage: Rocketing Through the Cosmos

Magical Mystical Mermaid

Steampunk Gears Christmas Tree